• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Smug Enfield Shooter!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Yes, in the N-SSA we have 200 yard competition at the nationals, and my club also sponsors 200 yard shooting. I've only been to one match in the past 30 years where any targets were posted beyond 200 years. We shot ram silhouettes at 300.

We have very little opportunity to shoot prone. My club events are either offhand, benchrest, or offhand. Whether we are shooting locally or in the N-SSA the use of a sling is prohibited. My club does have a five poition event, that requires one shot to be fired from the prone position.

In the N-SSA all shooting is done offhand, from the cartridge box. No shooting jackets,loading benches, slings, or artificial rests allowed.

Back