• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snapsack

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

wdbritt

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I was reading the topic in the accoutrements section about the correct usage of the term haversack when someone threw in the term snapsack. A link was posted, but it didn't really tell how it was made. Anyone have some examples and or instructions on these things? Looks like it would be a very useful item. I will look for some information myself and post back anything I find.

Thanks, Warren

Okay i found these on links:
www.colonialmarket.com/casada/snapsacks
www.southernrangers.org/snapsack
www.marariley.net/leatherwork/snapsack

I like the look of the leather one, but don't know how pc/hc it is. Will have to do some more digging.

Warren

Last edited by a moderator:
A snapsack is a round tube shape that is tied on 1 or both ends. The one with only 1 end tied has a sewn bottom and the other end is laced and drawn tight. There is a strap is sewn to each end and is carried like a bag over the shoulder. The double tied end is tied with a strap with ties on each end. Sort of like cutting a leg off a pair of jeans and making a "pack" out of the leg. Sew a round cover on one end and a draw string on the other end, add a strap and you have one.
Leather could also be used in the same type of construction. The one I have is about 12"-14" wide when laid flat and about 24" long. Very easy to make.

Ronnie

Back