• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snooze Ya Loose

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Might be a dupe, but I still enjoy this one!
redneck_hungry_deer.jpg

A couple of years back I saw a deer do something similar to a hunting buddy of mine. Bill is in his 80s and heads out with Ed (Skullskinner) and I all through gun season and muzzleloader season. He was using one of those modern styled camo popup blinds and had fallen asleep shortly after sitting down. I spoked a deer out of the woods and circled back around hoping to get a shot at it but by the time I got to the point where I could see the deer again it was standing right in front of Bill's blind and had it's head inside the blind with Bill. Aparently Bill was sleeping pretty soundly and the deer was just curios what he was doing in there. I let the deer go because I figured that it would not only be unsafe to shot at it with Bill in the Blind but that hearing the shot and waking up to a deer in his blind would have been a bit to much for ole Bill. On a side not he took two nice deer out of the same area this year though.

Never happened to me with a Buck but I did have
a doe wake me up while standing behind me about
5 or 6 feet away. Scared the Vienna Sausage right
out of me.
snake-eyes :rotf:

Years ago, while sitting on a small ledge overlooking a beechnut stand of trees, I was resting and eating a candy bar, I felt as though a sound came from my back, only to see a 6pt. buck 3ft. away, jumped me so bad my rifle fell off my lap and he got away. Never will forget that, so watch out for your candy.

I was hunting in Miss a few years ago in a ground stand behind a pile of fallen timber ... well nature took a hand and afore ya know it I am waterin the flowers!

Now ... there was a road in front of the stand just a few feet .. and you guessed it .. just as I was watrin flora .. out stepped a huge doe! I was fumblin with my gun AND reachin for my rifle :cursing: .. while tryin to keep quiet!

Well I did get that doe, but the price was almost more than I could bear! I never shot a deer afore with a gun in each hand! :hmm:

Davy

I was hunting in Miss a few years ago in a ground stand behind a pile of fallen timber ... well nature took a hand and afore ya know it I am waterin the flowers!

Now ... there was a road in front of the stand just a few feet .. and you guessed it .. just as I was waterin the flora .. out stepped a huge doe! I was fumblin with my gun AND reachin for my rifle :cursing: .. while tryin to keep quiet!

Well I did get that doe, but the price was almost more than I could bear! I never shot a deer afore with a gun in each hand! :hmm:

Davy

Big John said:
Years ago, while sitting on a small ledge overlooking a beechnut stand of trees, I was resting and eating a candy bar, I felt as though a sound came from my back, only to see a 6pt. buck 3ft. away, jumped me so bad my rifle fell off my lap and he got away. Never will forget that, so watch out for your candy.
A few years ago, I was walking up the side of a hill and a doe came running over the top of the hill. We came within 2 feet of each other face to face. I jumped back , she almost did a full flip and took off running back over the hill. By the time I got stood up and got ot the top of the hill, she was gone. If I scared her 1/2 as much as she scared me, she didn't stop for 2 counties. :rotf:

At least he didn't fall asleep in a tree stand. :rotf: Or was it cardiac arrest see the rack? :hmm:

i did wake up with tracks all around me, after sleeping (off the night before) at the base of a tree for several hours. :redface:

Latest posts

Back