• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Snowshoe Biathlon

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I have a feeling that it will be a bare ground event. Doesn't look good for any snow fall in New England. It has been the warmest winter so far.

You may be right! Last years event ended up the same at all of the biathlons, but the turnout was great! Easier walking and still shooting the muzzleloaders is still worth the effort! Besides, meeting your friends and chatting is great.

Hey we actually had a few flurries here today in Southern NY, can you believe it?

That shoot sounds like fun, maybe I'll try to get up there if my 8 bore comes in by then.

Billy

Big John the biathlon turned out great! I had a really good time and I was happy that I improved upon last years score. I managed to hit eight targets and ran it a minute faster, but it just wasn't fast enough :( Oh, well its not all about winning. Its all about having fun and talking with your biathlon buddies. Ray says there's snow for next weekend, break out the snowshoes! I look forward to seeing everyone at Smuggler's Notch.

Another round of applause for Big John aka master Blaster. He and his crew put on a nice shoot, very challenging for me ( I shot it with a smoothbore fowler). I really enjoyed it and met a lot of very nice folks too. A great day all around.

Thanks to all who came! It was a blast, many friends and strangers pulling together to enhance traditional muzzleloading. Muzzleloading Lady and J.M are special people in this sport! p.s. Watch out...Muzzleloading Lady can shoot your eye out! :rotf: :rotf: :rotf: Sorry, results will be on[url] www.hansonrodandgunclub.org[/url] very soon!

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey Big John,
Sorry I missed your event.Sounds like I missed a good time. Maybe I can make it next year. I am also interested in knowing more details regarding the non timed event that you ran.
Brew

Sorry me & Longfowler missed it this year. Sounds like it was fun. But, we'll see you all at Smugglers this weekend.

Muzzleloading Lady ~ Congrats on the improvement. :hatsoff: I've been doing some practicing and have done very well. However, I hadn't just been running while practicing, so hopefully will have improved my shooting after having done so. I'm sure I'm still not going to run it very fast. And, we're bringing another lady shooter with us. She even bought a kit and built her own gun...and had never shot one before in her life. We got her hooked already. :winking:
See you this weekend. ~ Kim

Back