• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

2024/2025 Squirrel Hunting Thread...........

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Google AI. That just surprised me that's the spot.

To mount one... id probably ask permission to trap a couple. Set the traps.. then find a place to deer hunt around.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240920_062239_Google.jpg
    Screenshot_20240920_062239_Google.jpg
    641.3 KB · Views: 0
This pic is for Fred. He asked me to take a pic of the next squirrel I get next to a dollar bill so he could compare the size of the KY squirrels to a Florida squirrel. I would reckon this one is the average size gray squirrel here.

I hope this helps.

JimK, this one is a female. First female I’ve gotten in a while. I hope you don’t think I’m gay or anything like that.😁

Attachments

• IMG_2566.jpeg
    IMG_2566.jpeg
    2.2 MB · Views: 0
Last edited:
This pic is for Fred. He asked me to take a pic of the next squirrel I get next to a dollar bill so he could compare the size of the KY squirrels to a Florida squirrel. I would reckon this one is the average size gray squirrel here.

I hope this helps.

JimK, this one is a female. First female I’ve gotten in a while. I hope you don’t think I’m gay. 😂
Thanks Ed.
I'll be going out first light hopefully I'll get a few. It's been along time since I saw an Illinois gray squirrel. I personally don't you are*** 🤔

That nice real nice.
I like seeing that, makes me happy.
I hope she good to ya. 👍😁
I really like my new knife, Fred. Thank you again for such a great gift. Please tell Myrtle that she good and I appreciate it. Good luck in the morning.

You see, a good knife for this ole boy is like a good friend. Spend as much time as you can with them until the end. Neither one will last forever. I don’t give two hoots in hell what happens when I’m gone. Every time I use this knife, I will think of my good friend Fred, and Myrtle. Neither one of you have I met but that don’t matter.

Last edited:
PETA is reading this. Quite a few actually.

People Eating Tasty Animals

I’ve been one of those proud PETA people all my life.😁
Would be bigger if you hadn't shot most of his head off! 😀 Not very big . I think it's a southern thing. The ones I've seen around my daughters place in SC are pretty small.

Maybe like deer. The farther north the bigger the deer.

I hope this helps.

JimK, this one is a female. First female I’ve gotten in a while. I hope you don’t think I’m gay or anything like that.😁
Was supposed to be in the previous post but ..... Operator error. 😞

I really like my new knife, Fred. Thank you again for such a great gift. Please tell Myrtle that she good and I appreciate it. Good luck in the morning.

You see, a good knife for this ole boy is like a good friend. Spend as much time as you can with them until the end. Neither one will last forever. I don’t give two hoots in hell what happens when I’m gone. Every time I use this knife, I will think of my good friend Fred, and Myrtle. Neither one of you have I met but that don’t matter.
Ed I feel the same way My Friend. Kinda how I feel about my Crockett Rifle. You gave some real good info on it before I bought it, so it's kinda like hunting with you about 800 miles away.

Keep shoot'in and a Skinn'em Ed.

Fred, I’m breaking in my new knife. 😁
Dang it Ed! Now I'm forced to take mine and use it. I was afraid to take it to the woods for fear of losing it. I'm going to take it on my next outing and skin one with it in honor of FDH, my brother from another mother, and Ms. Myrtle. But just once. I have a bad habit of losing things in the woods.

Back