• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some knives and a belt axe...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Maestro

Reaction score
Belt knife (8" blade) made by Randy Wolfe:
Knives011.jpg

In 2008, I shot my first flintlock buck that had only one 3-point antler. My son, who was seven years old at the time, was with me on this 18th-century-style hunt - he witnessed his first deer harvest! This was a legal buck here in PA, but what do you do with a single antler?! Well, I had my friend, Rich McDonald, make a great little hunting knife with it for me! Rich's wife, Jeanne did the leather work. 8 1/4" overall with a 4 inch aged blade, engraved pewter bolster... it feels perfect in the hand and is just right for field dressing the next deer. Also makes a great heirloom for my son:
Knives010.jpg

RMantlerknife001.jpg

RMantlerknife005.jpg

I had Kyle Willard of Old Dominion Forge make this belt knife for my wife:
"Many times the 18th century pistol grip knives are thought to be French in origin, but the truth is they were quite popular in England and other European countries as well. This is a "no frills" butcher knife, very typical of the "common quality" knives of the day. Bone handle, pewter bolster and 5 3/4 inch aged blade."
Knives013.jpg

18th century belt axe by Beaver Bill w/ 2 1/2" blade and poll end - hand forged from 4140 bar stock, hardened & tempered; Haversack by Cal Tanner (had Cal sew a sheath on back of the bag to carry the belt axe):
Knives015.jpg

Knives016.jpg

Cool. I especially like your McDonald rig. The cross art work on the butt and the sheath is really nice. :hatsoff:

I really like the belt ax, don't get me wrong the knives are very nice as well, just kinda fell for the ax. :thumbsup: :thumbsup:
Dusty :wink:

Very Nice!! Every thing, but I especially like the butcher knife. I can just picture it cutting elk steaks.

Wow, that's some impressive cutlery! :thumbsup: The Beaver Bill belt axe is really nice! I like how the sheath sewn onto the haversack.

Back