• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some of my favorite cap & ball holsters

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

duelist1954

40 Cal.
Reaction score
In this video I'll describe my favorite holsters for cap & ball revolvers. I'll show the holsters I use for Colt Walker and Dragoon replicas, as well as the leather for 1851 Navy revolver, 1860 Army revolvers and Remington New Model Army revolvers. I'll even throw in a military style full-flap holster for a Starr. You'll see that I have some favorite leather workers, Especially David Carrico of Carrico's Leather Works, Marty Overstreet of Circle Bar-T Leather works and the crew at El Paso Saddlery.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NYLcsAcgqxY

Last edited by a moderator:
While we are on the subject of holsters, This may sound like a dumb question,when ordering a cross-draw holster it always hangs me up when I get to the part of the order form that asks right or left :hmm: I assume if you order a "cross-draw" version and were right handed it would be on your left side so you would specify right hand correct? You would be surprised how many times I have asked this and don't get a straight answer! Just purchased an 1851 Colt Navy steel frame in .44 with 4 7/8" barrel from Taylor's and it is screaming for a cross-draw! :)

Go over to cascityleatherforum and ask there,some great makers of fine leather there including Mr.Carrico,Kid Terico,Cliff Findley,and a bunch of other.What you want is a right hand crossdraw,it's what i use.Ned Buckshot,top,Kid Terico, bottom.

DSC06917_zps6ce9ff9d.jpg

DSC08454_zps346a22df.jpg

What is a good fit for a Ruger Old Army 7.5" adjustable sight revolver? Looking for a good filed holster and I have always been fond on the old Hunter holster with the safety strap. Will the holster for the regular Blackhawk work for an Old Army? Thanks.

Chief Moonthunder said:
Go over to cascityleatherforum and ask there,some great makers of fine leather there including Mr.Carrico,Kid Terico,Cliff Findley,and a bunch of other.What you want is a right hand crossdraw,it's what i use.Ned Buckshot,top,Kid Terico, bottom.

DSC08454_zps346a22df.jpg
Nice leatherwork there, Chief, but the gloves look a little "sissy boy" to me! :grin:

gdog said:
What is a good fit for a Ruger Old Army 7.5" adjustable sight revolver? Looking for a good filed holster and I have always been fond on the old Hunter holster with the safety strap. Will the holster for the regular Blackhawk work for an Old Army? Thanks.

It fits mine just fine. I use the same model holster for my ROA and 7 1/2" Blackhawk.

They're like Mom's winter garden gloves.

LOL

But they are of a style, we know...

Back