• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Some shooting with my CVA Mountain Rifle

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Kentuckywindage

62 Cal.
Reaction score
Took the ol .54 out today at 100 yards. I wanted to experiment with a charge that showed great promise.

70gr Pyrodex RS, double patch "use one as a buffer" and a homecast .530 ball @ 100 yards.
Shots 1 and 2 are clipping while #3 was just a bit lower "My fault not the rifles!"
Will adjust the sight a bit to the right.
Picture50627-1.jpg

hey that is pretty good to me.a little tweaking and you got a great shooter there.

I came in second place 2 years ago at the Colorado state primative. I cut 2 horizontal pieces of string at 25 yards and hit all 4 poker chips. The rest of the shoot consisted of shooting gongs from 50 out to 150 yards and hawk/knife. I never missed a gong but went on to throw my knife in the dirt a few times. I never felt worse, It was if I let my poor mountain rifle down. .54 is a good round and the mountian rifle is an excellent rifle.
Just don't clean between shots, it fouls the nipple.

Regards

Back