• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Son drew a Specialty hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huntnut

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My youngest son turns 12 today, and he was draw for a secailty muzzleloader hunt. It lets him hunt the local lake in the archery only zone. He is pump. This year was his first year hunting and he look 2 turkeys with his shotgun this spring. He is going to be useing my Traditions Fox River Fifty .54 becuse its the smallest framed gun I have, He wil be shooting .535 PRB. I'll be backing him up with my Traditions .45 shooting .440 PRB

Season starts the 20th of Sept. so he will be out shooting alot tell then to make sure he is good out to 50yrds, thats all I'm going to let him shoot with open sights.

I'll hopfully be posting pics next month for you all.

Huntnut, first let me say congrats on the draw, and good luck to your son.

I also want to suggest that the back-up gun you carry may not be legal. If the permit is in your son's name only, then it's probably illegal for you to carry a firearm along side him. It would be HIGHLY illegal in my state, and our loveable game wardens would jump on that like flies on (cough cough). You might want to check before you carry a weapon without a permit. Could save you some heartache.

Again, good luck. I hope he brings home some meat. Bill.

snowdragon said:
Huntnut, first let me say congrats on the draw, and good luck to your son.

I also want to suggest that the back-up gun you carry may not be legal. If the permit is in your son's name only, then it's probably illegal for you to carry a firearm along side him. It would be HIGHLY illegal in my state, and our loveable game wardens would jump on that like flies on (cough cough). You might want to check before you carry a weapon without a permit. Could save you some heartache.

Again, good luck. I hope he brings home some meat. Bill.

The .45 is legal here in Kansas, and yes the permit is for him and one guest to harvest 1 buck and 1 doe each. I probably wont shoot anything with the muzzleloader because I hunt this same arrow with my recurve,and I want to take my deer with it.

Back