• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sons new tulle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

killer

40 Cal.
Reaction score
Well my son has an awesome grandfather. We went shooting this weekend and had a great time, but grandpas newly built tulle didnt fit him right and he wasnt to thrilled with it. So he did what any grandpa what do, he traded his 13 year old grandson for his lyman great plains. LOL. My son was extatic. Its a 62. cal 42in barrel Davis lock and a beautiful maple stock. My son took it out on sunday and shot the trade gun agg. with it and out shot grandpas score. I no its not 100 percent historically accurate. But it is a beautiful gun. Not sure what kinda of barrel it has. that is why i posted it here, maybe some one can tell me from the pics. the flats on the barrel are belveled the farther down they go closer to the wedding bands. anyway I have one happy boy and a proud grandpa on my hands. let him no what you all think.
024.jpg

025.jpg

028.jpg

026.jpg

030.jpg

027.jpg

Lotsa good work in that gun, and lotsa good shootin' to do with it! You're a very lucky young man, and I trust one who knows who to shop for every Christmas and birthday! Have FUN, but always remember the golden rule: SAFETY FIRST! You'll do fine, I'm sure.

The barrels on these guns typicaly had a 2" or so section with 16 flats before the wedding ring this can be done with any barrel make, the Davis lock is a typical lock now used on these fusils but often with some cosmetic modifications which make it "more correct" not much can be done with the stock or furniture which is non-Tulle, it is a beautifull gun though, even if far from HC/PC, most of these guns being made today are similar, it will be a fine shooter just not a re-enactors gun of choice,he will get a lot of fun time at the range or in the field with it.

Getz used to do that treatment to their De Chasse barrels. Take the barrel out and look at the bottom flat, that's how you'll know for sure, it should be marked.

:thumbsup: Thats a BEAUTIFULL gun!!! a KING would be proud to have THAT Gun!!!!

You are a very lucky young man!!

Congrats

4570tc said:
:thumbsup: Thats a BEAUTIFULL gun!!! a KING would be proud to have THAT Gun!!!!

You are a very lucky young man!!

Congrats

Agreed!

Thanks everyone my son is enjoying reading this. All but TGs he said it was a buzz kill :rotf: He is not up on hc/pc but I tried to explain some to him, with my limited knowledge of tulles. It worked out good because it is a lesson for him to learn. He just thinks his new gun is the cats ass. Keep them comeing.

WOW!!!! :bow: :bow: Now THAT is pretty!! :thumbsup: :thumbsup: Congrats to your son!

Your son is very fortunate indeed to have such a generous Grandfather and Father involving him in this historical shooting past time. That will be a treasure to last a lifetime :thumbsup:

". He just thinks his new gun is the cats ass."

It is a beautifull gun, as I mentined in my post and it will provide years of service and fun, which I also metioned in my post, the original project was obviusly not aimed at PC/HC but that is fine it would only matter if one were to get into serious re-enacting and I mentioned that aspect of the gun so it would be known for future reference should it become an issue or a topic of the detail of the gun, the historical factor will not detract anything from the gun at this juncture, but it is always good to know as much as one can about any gun they own, and the level of historical authenticity is not a marker of the level of "gooder/"badder" it is not a put down of the gun to point out where it is historicaly and again this is not a measure of quality, any youngster should be happier than a two "pec&&^%rd" billy goat chasing twins to own that gun, it is a very nice looking gun, beautiful wood, and will likley shoot like a rifle at 50 yards, carry it with pride and enjoy the journey.

If Gramps has any more lying around... I have a Lyman GPR to trade too. :wink: Very nice gun enjoy it.

Nice gun. I wouldn't get too concerned about the period correctness. If you seen pictures of American smoothbores made in the last half of the the 1700's you wouldn't call them period correct either. Some used parts from other guns and some tried to make parts look like things they seen from other guns. Some were downright ughly. Your sons, though, is great looking and will still give him the feel of what was once used in the day.

Latest posts

Back