• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sons new tulle.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
:thumbsup: You ain't maybe looking to adopt another (older) son are you?? If so, I'm available. I'd love to have a Daddy like you. :grin: :grin: Vern

TGs he said it was a buzz kill

BUZZ KILL! Everybody needs a nick name! I think we found one!

I was told that the barrel was maybe a pedersoli. I didnt no you could buy a barrel from them? Does anyone no if it's possible?

Mike Brooks said:
Getz used to do that treatment to their De Chasse barrels. Take the barrel out and look at the bottom flat, that's how you'll know for sure, it should be marked.
Did you take your barrel out yet?

"Sounds like a high grade barrel, no cheapie by any means"

No doubt causes one to wonder about some other choices,and how it all came together, interesting indeed, beautiful piece of wood though.I cannot tell from the photo, does the Oct section have a taper or does the taper start at the 16 sided section?

Looks to be tapered through out. Most folks that own these guns don't give a hoot what kind of wood is in it. You gotta admit tg, that stock sure is pretty.

I agree it is a beautiful piece of wood and will be a fine gun and great shooter and quite a prize for a young shooter,most folks do not care about whether they were made like that which is fine by me, I am just drawn much more to guns that are more like the originals, I have seen some of Earl Lannings and the House Bros guns that are beautifull pieces of art by any standard but would choose a less adorned piece that is more along the lines and looks/materials of the originals, I do not take anything away from the fantasy gun types as far as looks and quality my preference is just elsewhere,If someone offered me my choice free of charge I would rather have one of your Carolina guns made as close as you could to the originals than 10,000+ dollar gun made by one of the other builders that work in the other gendre.

Tg i agree with you on that I like a plain simple looking working mans gun. I have that 62 virgina that is pretty plain but probably my favorite gun to shoot. And My son would like to thank everybody for all of there comments. He is going to shoot it nest weekend at muliti lakes rendevous. and he can't wait to put more powder through her.

If someone offered me my choice free of charge I would rather have one of your Carolina guns made as close as you could to the originals than 10,000+ dollar gun made by one of the other builders that work in the other gendre.
And, how much do I owe you for saying that? :haha:

Suckup comments to someone I may buy a gun from someday are free of charge Mike, Killer, your son will have a lifetime companion in that gun, I hope he enjoys the journey as much as I have.

Very nice gun. Thanks for sharing the pics. I am sure the grandson will enjoy shooting it for many years to come.
Dan

Latest posts

Back