• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sons of Texas trilogy...

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PaulN/KS

58 Cal.
Reaction score
My wife has given me all three of the "Sons of Texas" series by Elmer Kelton and I finished the third book last night. Good books and well written with muzzleloader shooting, historical refrences and some very believable characters.
The books start in 1816 and the story line takes you all the way to after the battle of San Jacinto.

Anyone else here read these books and what did you think of them? :hmm:

Elmer Kelton is probably my favorite western writer. The Son's of Texas trilogy books are very good. If you've not read any of his other books -- here are some of my other favorites of his:

The Time it Never Rained (Ranching in the 1950s)
The Wolf and the Buffalo (Comanche Indian wars)
The Man Who Road Midnight (modern western)
The Good Ole' Boys (turn of the century cowboying)
... and many, many others.

Kelton is as prolific a writer as L'Amour was. His books typically run closer to actual history whereas L'Amour was more in to story telling.

I'll be checking out more of his books but I really enjoyed this series due to the time it was written about. :thumbsup:

Back