• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

sort of sad..

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Swampy, I sure love that rifle, it is just outstanding in every respect. I'd love to have a left handed version some day.

I wouldn't mind seeing that myself. :thumbsup:

But I'm not sure Roy can be talked into a lefty version, but you can sure try! :haha: :thumbsup:

Tell you're Dad take care Roy - I've got one of his fowlers and love it....... :thumbsup:

He is still doing some carvings and what not.. small projects and is still with good humor, well untill I say something to change that :haha: Thanks to all for the compliments and well wishes :thumbsup:

Don't get me wrong.. he doesn't feel bad, just a pain in the neck to do gun work :haha: 5 neck surgeries will do that I guess :idunno:

Roy, I got something brewing over here that might loosen Tom up a bit. :haha: I will get over there soon. Guys, I've held and shot numerous guns crafted by Tom along with seeing some of his other creations(carvings,etc..). Tom's carving is some of the best I've ever seen and I've had the opportunity to see most of the country's top builders work. Roy, tell Tom I'm not bragging on him,I'm just sayin. :haha: They both "have it" and fortunately gun building is what they do.

Dang good question Swampy. I've got to get my "no good here lately" arse over to Roy's and maybe we can finish the pics up. :haha: I seen them powder measures you hade made up- AWESOME.Now you got me wanting a couple of them. :shake:

Say Roy...how about a little history on your "apprenticeship" w/ your Dad as the teacher. Very rare to see a father and son "get along" well enough to work so close, especially when it's "corrction time" for the "apprentice" My Dad and I couldn't work together at all seeing at the age of 12 I tried to be "the boss" because he wasn't "doing it right" although we could hunt together and spent many enjoyable days in the field. Your father/son relationship is rare indeed and your father should be complimented for all the patience he must have used w/ you. What age were you when the gunbuilding atarted? It's also rare to have a highly skilled builder also be an excellent teacher. Good luck to both of you and that's a dandy Mler.....Fred

Roys off on a short trip to Maine atm. I'm sure he'll answer this when he sees it but his Grand Dad was a Smith too so hes third generation gunsmith. :thumbsup:

Back