• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for Minie Balls

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Damsha Bua

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Where is a good place to order cast minie balls? I only found a couple places through internet searching.

Track of the Wolf or Dixie Gun Works, You might even try Lyman and Lee's web sites as well...try a few 'til you find what works then buy a mold. Much more economical and gets you involved into one more part of the "process".

John

By the way, what are wanting to shoot these out of? Have you tried other projectiles, such as a Round Ball?

. sep 7 / 12:45am

try www. gunworks. com - they seem to have a good selection of lead and prices aren't too bad.. i usually get odd sized round ball from them and see quite a selection of minnie's as well.

also, i bought some .577 "old style" from a place called 'the log cabin' quite a while ago.. don't know what the difference between old and new is exactly, but they fit my .58 jp murray muskatoon nicely.. good price too.

~d~

jmac17 said:
By the way, what are wanting to shoot these out of? Have you tried other projectiles, such as a Round Ball?

A friend came across a Euroarms Enfield and we will shoot it the next time I am around. It apparently is a little older as it has brass barrel bands. He said the barrel is marked as 58 caliber. Dixie recommends a .577 minie ball in their catalog for Euroarms Enfields. I reckon a .575 would work as well.

Don't " Reckon" ANYTHING, unless you like wasting money. Measure the bore of any gun you have, no matter if you own 50 of the same model! You cannot Trust the markings on the outside of commercially made guns to be accurate, and variations of as little as .001" can affect the accuracy of certain bullets or balls.

For any conical, You want a bullet that is not much smaller than .001" Under bore size. Most shooters have Sizers they use on cast bullets, to size and shape the bullets to that exact size- you can order sizing dies in any diameter- by .001" increments. Some use Lubri-sizers, that both lubricate, and size the bullets in one operation.

Latest posts

Back