• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Source for paper cartridges?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hickok45

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Hi,
Is anybody aware of a source for loaded paper cartridges for a .58 caliber Springfield rifle musket. I know, I know, I should get all the supplies and make them myself, and I'll probably do that at some point.
Just wondering if anybody is creating some that are pretty authentic and offering them for sale. Not interested in reenactment rounds; need the real thing to demonstrate in a video. Just need 10 or 20 at the most.
Generally, It's not advisable to shoot other people's reloads; however, this is a bit different, and I would not have a problem in this case.
Or, if anybody lives in Middle Tennessee and would consider making a few for me, I'd appreciate it and pay any reasonable price.
Thanks,
Hickok45

I've never heard of any. There is the issue of shipping black powder and the hazard aspect. You'll probaly have to make your own. One idea- see if there is a re-enactment group in your area. Maybe a local can make up some for you where shipping isn't involved.

Probably .575. They seem to fit my 1863 okay. Mainly just going for the educational value, not accuracy, etc.

Thanks,
Hickok45

I can't help you out with paper cartridges, but just want to let you know that I thoroughly enjoy your YouTube videos.

Keep them coming! :thumbsup:

1776Patriot said:
I can't help you out with paper cartridges, but just want to let you know that I thoroughly enjoy your YouTube videos.

Keep them coming! :thumbsup:

Me, too, Mr 45! Especially on the guns like the ones that we still can and do have here in the yUK.

tac

If making the paper tubes is what is holding you up insofar as making your own cartridges, there are sites where you can buy the empty tubes in bulk. Just pour in the powder, add a bullet, close it up, and you're done.

Back