• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Southern Invasion

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Me and a couple of buddies from Georgia got invited up to a mutual friends place in Indiana for a week to hunt some private property he has permission for. Long, meandering drive up. Been cold and wet here so far.

Did manage to bag a big Ol doe yesterday as she was coming out of a thicket.
70-80yds, PRB 80gr FFG in one side and out the other.

I flinched a little and hit her a bit high, but it still dropped her in her tracks. She was heavy
IMG_1199.jpg

We came in and out by boat, so it was kind of an amphibious invasion. lol
IMG_1203.jpg

Pulled this out of a cyst in her shoulder.
IMG_1208.jpg

Going to a new spot in the morning to sit. We'll see what happens.

Good goin' Supercracker. :thumbsup:
I always think it's pretty cool when I find them modern artifacts in deer that I killed with traditional gear.
Gotta admit, deer are tough critters to tote around some of that hardware.

Congratulations, superman! Great looking doe. And holy manure what a nasty cargo she was carrying - I do believe it was fortunate that you removed her from her suffering..

What is that? A spearpoint? Atlatl dart head? Harpoon?
Nice doe, BTW.

Nice Shane, I've found a couple of heads and pieces of shafts from Island deer here over the years myself just like that. Grats! :thumbsup:

:hatsoff: attaboy! now,, seeing how she was carrying,,,,,can you claim self-defense an save yer tag?? :idunno:
nice deer! have a great trip!

Congratulations. I killed a buck once where the arrow had gone in under the hide, not quite made it into the body cavity and then slipped out making another (exit) wound. Two major in line cysts showing the cuts.

Back