• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Spare Cylinder for Uberti 1858 Remington

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
In response to why anyone would want to load a spare cylinder or have 2, I use mine for Civil War Re-enactment so I usually only shoot blanks, however it is convenient when I go to the range to have 2 cylinders loaded, without the caps attached. I only put on the caps when I'm ready to shoot.

I hear ya Randy,
I also reenact civ war. I am a cross dresser (I go both ways). :rotf:
It's handy to have the extra cylinders. But if your like my son you don't need to have reloads. He uses a Lamat. What I did in my cylinder pouch is added a string and threaded it through where the pin goes to make it easier to remove. Just unbutton the flap and pull on the string and it falls in your hand.

Great idea! Thanks, I'll give it a try, in the heat of battle it is hard to locate the cylinder sometimes.

Poor Private said:
I hear ya Randy,
I also reenact civ war. I am a cross dresser (I go both ways). :rotf:
It's handy to have the extra cylinders. But if your like my son you don't need to have reloads. He uses a Lamat. What I did in my cylinder pouch is added a string and threaded it through where the pin goes to make it easier to remove. Just unbutton the flap and pull on the string and it falls in your hand.
I sure that cross dressing doesn't include you becoming a "Southern Belle". :rotf: :blah: :rotf: :v

I did go to a site that posted pics of testing the veloscity of a .44 C&B Rev fired without the barrel in restrained and fired via remote configuration...I remember 200ft per second chamber veloscity. Which is 200 fps less than the max of a paintball gun Offically allowed in most places.

The Rem 1858 Cylinders for Pietta length 2.016", Uberti 2.00", Armi San Paolo/Euroarms 2.006". All will interchange if fitted to the needed length...Uberti are notated with a U on end of cylinder and Pietta with a P. The others you need measure or try at the counter as one gentleman stated. The ratchet or indexing ends are the same or will work the same. That's what I have found anyway.
Uberti and Euroarms fit in a Pietta and all of them fit in a Santa Barbara Remington 1858.

SG

Back