• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Speaking of ball bags

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Did anyone else buy a copy of this wonderful little booklet on making rawhide ball bags from Ray Ferree up in Thermopolis when he was offering them here some years ago? Every time I run across my copy I scold myself for not having actually made one, as I have the raw materials and am out of excuses. 🤔

No! Never heard of it. I’ve made a few little ball “bottles” like that of leather, and I think two from rawhide, but I’m always open to learning from the experts. That looks like a good reference.

If anyone is interested, it looks like the Log Cabin Shop has copies of the book.
I’m interested. Thanks for the tip!

Notchy Bob

Back