• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Split Hickory for Ramrods

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Marko10thivi

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I have for some time now been looking for the guy who used to advertise in either Muzzle Blasts or Muzzleloader for SPLIT HICKORY for ramrods.I moved about two years ago,and gave away all my back issues, so no looking back for them!
I just received an order of SAWN hickory ramrods from Steve Bailey, from his ad in MUZZLE BLASTS. He saws them real straight down the grain, so they should be pretty strong.
I would like to find the holy grail of ramrods, split hickory.
Can anybody either find the ads from a few years ago, or point me to someone who has Hickory splits available?

**SNIP** He saws them real straight down the grain, so they should be pretty strong.
I would like to find the holy grail of ramrods, split hickory.
Can anybody either find the ads from a few years ago, or point me to someone who has Hickory splits available?

Don't know if it is split hickory, but I got a hickory ramrod from The Possible Shop (advertiser on the forum) that I've been using as a range rod. Works great.

marko,

seeing that you live in ill. you might well treat yourself to making your own split hickory ramrod. it is a fairly easy and straightforward process and with a little practice you can quickly have enough blanks for yourself and many friends.

take care, daniel

Latest posts

Back