• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Hunt

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Got out for a little while with my little .32 cap lock. Great time as always and even managed to get a few for the pot! Ready for the leaves to leave so I can get my curs out!! 56252321387__A62FCD32-5ADF-4FDD-A1CC-BFA23F654B73.JPG

Attachments

• image.png
    image.png
    36.1 KB
Ha! We country folk do indeed know how to cook squirrel! Fried with biscuits and gravy they are hard to beat, except maybe with some dumplings! Got to get that cast iron lid on there though or they be tough as whit leather!

Unfortunately, the squirrel around the mountain’s of northwest Wyoming were small as chipmunks. Our rabbits on the other hand were very good eating size! Wether snowshoe or cotton tail, they were all a good size rabbit.

My mother made the best fried rabbit in an old cast iron skillet with garden grown mashed potatoes and gravy that only she could make. The fondest of memories.

When can I come over and eat my friend? LOL

Respectfully, Cowboy

Few things can compare with a day in the squirrel woods with a nice .32 or .36. That's definitely a mess of bushytails.

Latest posts

Back