• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Hunting Attire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Camo t-shirts for $4, Federal shotgun shells, Red Man for 55 cents...😅
Still have my woodland camo vest from K-Mart. It's shrunk some over the years😉, and the elastic is dry rotted on the shell holders. Probably still some beggars lice on it too. Sentimental I suppose.

I used to chew the he!! Outta Red Man totems if anyone remembers them.

...from Madson's book:

madson.jpg

That picture speaks to me for some reason...

With relatives in the military in the '60s, us budget minded young squirrel hunters had a steady supply of oversized OD Green attire. I still have a couple of the "shirts" which we used as jackets. Damn if they don't still fit.

With relatives in the military in the '60s, us budget minded young squirrel hunters had a steady supply of oversized OD Green attire. I still have a couple of the "shirts" which we used as jackets. Damn if they don't still fit.
I kinda miss the old time Army Surplus stores. I remember getting the used woodland camo pants for 3'bucks, and the shirts for 2. Used of course, but as a preteen squirrel hunter, I thought I was doing big things. Not to mention they are just useful garments, lots of pockets.

Since this topic was started back in May I've done a complete flip flop on my camo philosophy. I've begun hunting in shorts, an aloha or Buffet style shirt and a golf umbrella. You will probably surmise without my saying so that I've moved from hiding to a disguise as a golfer. Squirrels probably think; "stupid golfer only has one club".

Since this topic was started back in May I've done a complete flip flop on my camo philosophy. I've begun hunting in shorts, an aloha or Buffet style shirt and a golf umbrella. You will probably surmise without my saying so that I've moved from hiding to a disguise as a golfer. Squirrels probably think; "stupid golfer only has one club".
I agree on the shorts. I wear them almost year around because I hate pants. And that includes hunting. I'd be walking around like Winnie the Pooh but don't want to get arrested. Or laughed at...

I’m actually in the process of ordering some new camo for squirrel hunting. I finally found some old school camo, pants, tee shirts and long sleeve shirts. Might even get a hoodie. It will be in the green for early season but it will still work late season.

I really like old school camo. I still have an old insulated hunting suit in mostly brown old school camo and let me tell ya, if I sit on the ground after the leaves fall, I disappear. That stuff really works. The green is awesome for early season.

. For a camo.. you can go traditional normal clothes no..

Dress like the game warden colors.. brown pants green shirt nice hat...

Did they have brown pants and green shirts back then... 🤔

Back