• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrel Hunting Attire

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240908_105512_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240908_105512_Chrome.jpg
    516.5 KB · Views: 0
. For a camo.. you can go traditional normal clothes no..

Dress like the game warden colors.. brown pants green shirt nice hat...

Did they have brown pants and green shirts back then... 🤔
Yes
Yeah, but when you do that your legs get so many scars and sores from getting bit with chiggers and mosquitos and scratched by briars you look like an aids patient. Ask me how I know.
I wear long thick black socks when going to the woods with my shorts. Works great and helps me avoid pants. Those socks come up to my knees and the shorts come down just over the top of the socks. And all of my shorts are woodland camo.

Yes

I wear long thick black socks when going to the woods with my shorts. Works great and helps me avoid pants. Those socks come up to my knees and the shorts come down just over the top of the socks. And all of my shorts are woodland camo.
I'll be wearing my snake gaiters out squirrel hunting next Saturday, I could probably get away with wearing shorts. Wonder if my eighth grade gym shorts still fit.........🤔

I'll be wearing my snake gaiters out squirrel hunting next Saturday, I could probably get away with wearing shorts. Wonder if my eighth grade gym shorts still fit.........🤔
Fortunately I think the copperheads and rattlers around here find me too annoying to bother with. They usually won't even talk to me... But thanks for planting that memory of those horrible red with white trim 1980 gym shorts in my head. Oh the horror... 🤣

Fortunately I think the copperheads and rattlers around here find me too annoying to bother with. They usually won't even talk to me... But thanks for planting that memory of those horrible red with white trim 1980 gym shorts in my head. Oh the horror... 🤣
I talked myself out of it Tim. No pockets. 🤣

Still have my woodland camo vest from K-Mart. It's shrunk some over the years😉, and the elastic is dry rotted on the shell holders. Probably still some beggars lice on it too. Sentimental I suppose.

I used to chew the he!! Outta Red Man totems if anyone remembers them.
OMG. You are me! I still have an old rotted vest I love and the last Totem a now pass

I usually don't start squirrel hunting until its cold out, so I use my same traditional attire as for deer hunting. If no gun big game season is open, my grey capote. My orange one if a big game season is open.

Grandson's first squirrel (with his unmentionable Christmas gift).

View attachment 347406

View attachment 347407
Really like those Capotes! Did you make them yourself?

Probably a dumb question since you live in MN, but how warm are they vs modern hunting jackets. I'm up in Central New England and it can be bitter cold up here late season...

Back