• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Squirrels.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had a squirrel in our hazel nut trees, mouth loaded with green nuts, need a shotgun for him, then mouth full it scampers down the fence , to the front garden, front door being open I see him run across the road into the little hill, crafty critter.....just shows squirrels travel for food........the big container full of peanuts worked well on the lawn, gives the chance of a good 177 or 22 head shot...actualy I have caught more squirrels in box traps than I have shot

Wife droning on wants to pick blackberries on the above hill, full of squirrels , deer there, oh !!! no shooting allowed, I have jobs to do......yesterday at the sailing club it was pointed out wives never ask you to do jobs you like doing, they only ask you to do jobs you hate doing, just being cussed, I guess that's women.....53 long years with her Why can we not do things together.......... I hate guns!!!!!

Aquarious sailing club on Thames , I took motor boat up river after doing engine repairs, oh and that's the wife.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    77.9 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    71.2 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    75.6 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    104.8 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    96.4 KB
you do understand that wives when first married are rather attentive in your suggestions and recommendations, kind of like testing the waters for them, well as time goes on they become shall we say comfortable with you, then the next step is most likley where most of us married fellows are, the honey do list. At this point in life and marriage just figure it is best too say o.k. and move on with the situation I seem too find myself in, been married going on 46 years knew my wife since the third grade, just too much time invested there, and besides I am getting too old too try and train another, reckon the yes dear answers are best at this point. Thats why we hunt squirrles.

My cousin in Perth OZ said it don't matter who you marry they are all the same fat, thin or wrinkled. He seems to be OK on his third wife at 60, but the one before made it clear to me " no man tells me what to do" Oh yes they do " good by and good riddance" what a dragon........on their last visit , they borrowed my car , she put " the Windsor Castle ". Into my Tom Tom That's where the queen is 15 miles from us..."yes a nice day out." ......two hours later they made it , phill over the moon " The Winsor Castle pub north London" , full of beer I might add

The worst of shooting squirrel in my 90 yard wooded long garden is that suddenly there's non around fir days or even weeks, till a new squirrel tribe moves in...its been a cold overcast morning but at 3 pm we have blue sky's and
Sunshine, around 5 pm the sun is at the bottom of my garden and I cannot see a thing through my scope....

The wife gone blackberry picking on her own. Hope a squirrel don't get get her , I blocked a drilled hole up in the wall, home to nasty little hornets, she disturbed them yesterday so one stung her up inside the nose.....oh brilliant.....its Red Nose Day today.,

I wish you well , whever you are We need a bit of humour theses days.

I was drilling a hole in my .6 flintlock barrel tang and the Chinese centre drill broke off , and it got from bad to worse, So I drilled another hole ok, I think I'll make another barrel plug Might just cut the bad bit off.....I uses these cross head screws as I am always taking them in and out......at finishing time I'll turn up some bespoke screws, earlier I pinned the barrel with 1/16 brazing rod....getting there

Enjoy love to you all from the UK

Ps yes I am the man that likes big patch boxes,

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    241.8 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    239.6 KB
  • image.jpg
    image.jpg
    229.4 KB
In my part of Texas squirrel season runs year around. But as some of you mentioned, it's just too hot to think of a woods walk. Early this morning I noticed the upstairs A/C compressor sounded strange. I went around to the side of the house (where all the trees are) and ran into a spider web with an upset orb spider in the middle. I finally got her sorted out and within a step or two and ran into another web. I don't like spiders. No sir, not at all. Also, I could barely breathe the air was so thick. For squirrels I'll wait until a good cold front before hitting the woods. Until then I'll happily read Britsmoothy's posts and hunt with him.

In my part of Texas squirrel season runs year around. But as some of you mentioned, it's just too hot to think of a woods walk. Early this morning I noticed the upstairs A/C compressor sounded strange. I went around to the side of the house (where all the trees are) and ran into a spider web with an upset orb spider in the middle. I finally got her sorted out and within a step or two and ran into another web. I don't like spiders. No sir, not at all. Also, I could barely breathe the air was so thick. For squirrels I'll wait until a good cold front before hitting the woods. Until then I'll happily read Britsmoothy's posts and hunt with him.

1629738077146.jpeg

If you take a squirrel and a bull frog and skin both of them and lay then next to each other it is near impossible to tell them apart.

Body layout and color are identical.

I will eat frogs before squirrels.

Cool and overcast from London I am hitting a squirrel most days head shots around 40 yards with my 177 BSA Scorpio , I can go 50 yards easily but the falling apples are at 40 yards no good for body shots though, for that I use my 22 BSA Scorpio Nothing around this morning over coffee ....they are coming in from the wooded hill across the road but often run too fast Fox can have them. Fed up , so got our £50 test kits each for flying plus jab pass, so £490 each we are off to Fortamentura , canaries, 4 hour flight, on the 8th Sep Olive beach resort .. Reason I mention it is that it's teaming with chipmunks, it's claimed they need culling as rife with TB Very tame living in rubble like around bus stops where they eat from your hand, I guess it's a bit cruel to take my catapult on such friendly creatures , doing nobody much harm . I do recommend a pcp air gun as its safe around houses and cheap to run $15/500 great fun but deadly accurate to 50 yards less than 1" groups tested the 12 ft lbs and it goes right through a squirrels head at 50 yards and into plywood backstop.....best gun I bought and I have a few ...out shoots a shotgun on small game, no good for foxes though......I wish you al well, Kerps safe .

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    81.8 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    72.9 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    162.3 KB
  • image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    137.1 KB
Nice job Brit! I sure hope this years crop is better than it has been over the last few years. Its been hard to find any to hunt around my part of the Ozarks. I think it might have a little to do with the weather, low mast yields and these darned squirrel hunting contests that's starting to catch on. The parts of the National Forests that I usually go have been downright void of squirrels when just 6 or 7 years ago they were thick as fleas.

Back