• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

St. Patrick's Day Shoot

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Herb

54 Cal.
Reaction score
Today we held our St. Patrick's Day Shoot. 13 shooters, three were caplock Hawkens, rest were flintlocks, I think two were smoothbores, one of which took third place. Novelty targets were shamrocks, cups of water, green balloons on the ground, two gongs, a one inch opening in a steel plate we had to shoot through, a leprechaun sliding down a wire, and a balloon floating down an irrigation canal. Ten shots in all. Then three shot off for first place, two for second and four for third, closest to center.
Haney2.jpg

Here Terry is shooting at the balloon in the creek. Hit it, too!
Terry.jpg

We of course had corned beef and cabbage and Irish whiskey. I baked an apricot pie.
StPatsWomen.jpg

The prize "blanket". I won a fifth of Bushmill Irish whiskey.
StPatsPrizes.jpg

I bet that was a lot of fun! What a great looking group.
Thanks for the pix. :hatsoff:
Dusty :wink:

Well, that looks like too much fun. :grin: Great looking group of shooters! That after-shoot dinner sounded top notch. :thumbsup:

AHHH! Monte Alban, my favorite Irish Mezcal :bow: You obviously know how to throw down a shootin' party.

Some might think that Terry's shooting form is awkward. She tied for fourth, I think, and beat 6 or 8 of us. Here are some shooting forms.
TerryShooting.jpg

LynnStPats.jpg

JeanBrent.jpg

CaroleStPat.jpg

MedMan.jpg

CarneyShooting.jpg

Top three shooters, Allen in the middle won.
StPatsTop.jpg

Great photography. You need to hand the camera to someone else while you are shooting. It was a great day with good friends. Thanks for sharing your photos

:applause: Tried to reply the other day and got on the wrong spot, replied to someone else. Any way Herb, you do such a good job of taking pictures and shooting. One of these times you need to hand your camera over to someone else to take a picture of you shooting.

I don't shoot as good as you gals do. No one would want a picture of me shooting! But thanks anyway.

Herb;
Very nice!
Thanks for the great photos, looks like a great time and a great group of folks.
Nice rifles, clothing and equipment!
Don

I have to say if there is a flaw in her form,
I don't see it :surrender:
Great photos!:thumbsup:

Back