• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Starting a New Hobby at 90

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Rifleman1776 said:
I'm 74. My sons keeps saying I don't act my age. My response is, I have never been this age before and have no experience on how to act 74.
As for wimmins. I have better things to do with them than just "mention" them.
I`ll drink to those statements. LOL

:shocked2: if he had is fathers rifle......it WOULD be a original flintlock!!!!!!!! :shocked2:

Last time I went to town, some of the local boys give me a ride. They spotted a 20 something girl and were making remarks as to what they would like to do. Then oops, they realized I was with them and asked my opinion with a grin.I told them, "well I'd take her up in the woods with me but I don't think she can cook" :wink:
The Hermit

Well, Bob came out despite the cold and fired off his flintlock for the first time. He only fired four shots due to the cold, but it went bang everytime and the sights were on.

CIMG1781_zps437f6749.jpg

At 44 I have been accused of still dressing up to play indians, and have every intention of doin it at 90 if I can pull it off. I was once told that if you don't grow up by 50 you don't have to, and if the so called second childhood is any more fun than the first I may not survive.

Wonderful ,thanks for posting photo,Bob better watch out for them wild women at the range though,thay may try to get his gun uh I mean rifle. :hatsoff:

An uncle of mine in his 80' , still chasing after girls half his age, smoking like a pack a day, always says : I'm here to live, not to last!
and then he goes : What is the first thing you do when you open a bottle of red wine?...
You loose the f%^&*^g cork!!!
You are just as old as you think you are :hatsoff:

Bakeoven,

Thanks for the photo. Dang! Active and enthusiastic at 90? This man is a living reminder to myself: don't bellyache, just get out there and enjoy life. The flintlock is going to the range today, no matter what.

Jeff

I still run like a deer,just a little slower jumpin them fences.If i'm still walkin at 90 i'll be out there a shootin.Griz

Back