• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stavlo Jezail

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Dave's got a new film about a Jezail rifle he finished building recently. Sure looks like a hoot and a holler! The unique sloping butt is really neat.

It's on the YouTube and I'll post the video soon. Thanks gang!

Dave,

Don't blueball us. Let's see it!!

152714-cossack-rifle-right.jpg

Here's my thread on it with more pictures:

https://www.muzzleloadingforum.com/threads/cossack-rifle-by-steve-krolick.149626/

Smokey: Thanks so much for posting !!!! Don't know how I missed this earlier. That's a nice looking replica. Shidh is a mountainous area between India and Pakistan.
What's great is the gun was built using an original, late period British Military flintlock. Very appropriate in this case. Actually, original Sindh rifles are rare to find today in flintlock configuration. They all turn up in either matchlock or percussion. Most of the originals turn up with smaller caliber rifled barrels, usually .36-.45. and barrel heavy. And as he mentions, more appropriate shooting from a rest. The unusual curve of the butt stock is more comfortable than it would first appear. What he didn't show was how thin the butt stock is compared to the width. Along with the almost pistol-like grip, it does produce a good long range sight picture. I also believe the extreme curve in the butt stock was utilized for carry under the armpit. It's very comfortable. They are interesting, curious guns.
Here is my original Sindh rifle in shooting condition. It's a percussion in .41 caliber. Very accurate too. It's so much fun to shoot these Eastern type guns. A bit different experience.

Rick

Sind Rifle 001 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 002 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 006 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 007 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 008 (Medium).jpg
Sind Rifle 012 (Medium).jpg

Back