• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Steam cleaners on C&B

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

amccall

40 Cal.
Reaction score
My Father Inlaw gave me one of those steamers that you see advertised on TV. Looks like a tea pot and has many attachments to it. I have been using it on my c&b's, with soap and water scrubbing and it seems to work well. What I like about is I can get all the grime that goes in the trigger and hammer mechanisms without taking it apart much.
I was wondering if anyone else use it and how they like or dislike it.

Never tried it but don't know why it wouldn't work. Just be sure you dry it good in a low oven or with a hot hair dryer then lube it.

Don

Works great!! When done steam cleanin (only takes a minute), I drop my lock in some boiling water, for a minute or so to heat it up. Pluck it out with tongs, set on a towel to dry. While still hot but dry I give it a good hoseing w/Dupont spray Teflon lube and let it finish cooling, and then wipe down with a cotton towel.
Super clean,super fast and super slick. Just wipe frizzen and pan with some alcohol before shooting. :m2c:
For a pistol, as said just above put in the oven to make sure it gets dry and do your lubing while still warm, let cool and reassemble.

The steamer takes alot of the water off the parts and then I us a lube that dissplaces the water and lubricates. The main reason I asked the question is longterm affects using a steamer. I do not see any loss of blueing or browning yet but was wondering if others have used it for a long time and noticed any problems. So far I like it alot and I see a real advantage in using it with my C&Bs'.

Back