• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

still squirelling

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ham1900

32 Cal.
Reaction score
made it out thursday crummy weather and all with my brother turned out to be an awesome day of squirrel hunting who else is still collecting chicken wings?? the late season sure has been a tough one damn squirrels are off to the races but all in all went home with seven in total and missed bunch reminds me of being 12 all over again

I'm still shootin at em, not hittin much with the 54, but I always say, in sight is in range. You say off to the races and your right on. The later part of the year they do not stick around long. Early bow season you can't swing a dead cat around without hittn one.

u know meat stick i dont feel so bad now about having to chase tree rats around. i thought it was me but apparently you need the bp shotgun for late season not early season ill keep whackin and stackin till the cows come home but godd damn critters neeed to know there place... justr stay still long enough for me to pull the trigger :grin:

Sounds like you're havin' fun. :thumbsup:
I've only been out once this year for squirrels but now that deer season is gettin' done (last day tomorrow) I mean to get out a couple more times.

Youngest son an I were out for a gentleman's hunt....sleep late....big breakfast....head to the woods with a thermos of coffee....Tons of fun! Had a blast sniping at them at 60 yards with the 36. 12 degrees 4 " fresh powder snow....dead quiet..squirrels sounded like moose on tree bark...today hunters 1...squirrels 3 :rotf: Go Get-um Guy's!

I`ve been out a couple of times since the first of the year. I like hunting this time of year after deer season is over as a guy can have the woods pretty much to himself.
I enjoy just being in the woods alone with my rifle as much or more than actually shooting and cleaning game so I usually go out in the afternoon on sunny days and wander around "lookin for stuff". Sometimes build a little fire and sit for awhile. Every now and then I even shoot a squirrel or two.
Was just thinkin this morning about a piece of riverbottom land that I haven`t "explored" for a couple of years. That place is usually full of critters too. I`ll probably go down there sometime this week and have a look around.

well im glad to see im not the only crazy bastard wandering the wide open i recently got my 36 cal and naturally had to do what i had to do HUNT hopefully we get some good snow right now the woods are loud as hell went out yesterday seen 1 squirrel in 4 hrs not a good day by any means ill keep truckin though and good luck to all that are braveing the cold

I'm still after em. Plan to go out thursday morning. Still got a couple of weeks left. Great time to have the woods to myself now that deer season is over.

squirrels are great why not hunt them during deer season call it population control we all know those days sitting in the woods lookin for deer and you see a bunch of squirrells but dont shoot maybe you should i dotn think a shot will scare deer ive shot deer before and had more come out right behind im gonna have to put that thoery to the test next year but i really dont think a shot affects the deer like we all think

I killed a couple of squirrels during ml season one time. The guys I was hunting with came to me thinking I had a bear down or something :rotf: I was just having fun shooting squirrels! They acted as if it was not normal :idunno: They were in season so why not? They eat good too! :thumbsup:

Just got my first f-lock this year. I haven't had this much fun in years. Squirrels are big fun, so far I only shot one but throwing alot of lead.

Back