• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stop looking for felt hats - Felt for Wads ->

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

AeroE

36 Cal.
Reaction score
http://www.durofelt.com./

They are already accustomed to selling to shooters.

If you want to pay more, McMaster-Carr also carries 100% wool felt.

I was astonished at the price of packaged wads for revolvers last winter.

Hey! Why didn't you just post that on my thread? Great info thank you!! Real wool is hard to come by. I try to by local but sometimes nothing comes up.

I am happy with the hat though. The quarter I spent for it goes to a church instead of the garbage. I will also get over 500 wadds out of it.

Ouch

Hey! Why didn't you just post that on my thread? Great info thank you!! Real wool is hard to come by. I try to by local but sometimes nothing comes up.

I am happy with the hat though. The quarter I spent for it goes to a church instead of the garbage. I will also get over 500 wadds out of it.

Ouch

Heck, I'd buy a quarter hat and wear it, too if it fit.

I didn't post in your thread so everyone in the forum would see the info in the table of contents.

I've been getting my felt from duro felt. I use the 1/8" hard. They were out of the 1/8" hard in the large sheets for awhile because of black powder shooters. It's now back in stock.

I've been getting my felt from duro felt. I use the 1/8" hard. They were out of the 1/8" hard in the large sheets for awhile because of black powder shooters. It's now back in stock.

Could you not use the soft felt sence your pressing it over the charge? It seems to be a little cheaper! :hmm: Ronnie...

I use a punch to cut the felt. The hard felt punches nice disks. I then use Gatefeo's lube melted into them. Gatefeo has a great legnthy post on cap and ball and the use of felt wads and his lube formula. You could probably search the archives to find it. I think the title is "found a new source for felt".

Back