• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

storage of Moose Milk

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PAlongrifle

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I went to the Eckerd's today and got all of the ingredients for my first batch of Moose Milk. While there, I saw a platic container that has ounce markers running down the side. The top line was 32 oz, the exact final measure of the recipe posted here (if I did my math correct).

My question is, are there any storage issues I should know of? Will any of the ingredients soften or eat through the plastic (had that happen with some Hoppe's I once put in a plastic squeeze bottle)? Is it ok to put in a metal (tin, pewter, stainless) flask for field carry?

Thanks again for all the help, this place rocks!

My moose milk has been sitting in a liter plastic Coke bottle for over a year on a shelf. I do shake it before I pour a little into the plastic jar that I use to dip the patch material in but so far all is in tact. Sounds like you have a great container there for making the formula...

Good Stuff... :peace:

It's plastic safe. All the liquid ingredients come in plastic bottles.

I'd sat the metal containers are OK. The alcohol and castor oil is used for model airplane fuel, and we used to used soldered tin tanks for that. I keep a gallon of 15% nitromethane (methyl alcohol and 15% nitromethane with 18% castor oil) in my flight box with no ill effects. The clunks on the end of the fuel lines are stainless steel. I'd say it's pretty harmless. The modern plastic tanks are polyurethane.

I mix and store mine in two liter soda bottles (I think they are polystyrene plastic).

Latest posts

Back