• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Struggled today!

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
Well a little, showers upset the flint a few times. I missed a few wing shots, never retrieved a couple of squirrels, had a flash in the pan under a sitting crow but it was good to be in the woods with a flintlock :hatsoff:

Brits.

As you said, any day in the woods is a good! Looks like ya got some meat for the pot anyway. :thumbsup:

Believe days like that fall under my Mom's category of "Humility Training"! :thumbsup: :haha:

Wes/Tex said:
Believe days like that fall under my Mom's category of "Humility Training"! :thumbsup: :haha:
Yes...there was a point when I was dissapointed but checked myself quickly.
The reason for using a flintlock is to make it more interesting and interesting it was (I told myself) :thumbsup:

Amen to that. I don't mentally recall what gauge your flintlock is in but just for a refresher what are some of the specifications on it?

bigbore442001 said:
Amen to that. I don't mentally recall what gauge your flintlock is in but just for a refresher what are some of the specifications on it?

A Pedersoli trade gun, or their version of one!
.629" bore and 36" long (IIRC).
The pan seems to work best full of prime and I opened the vent liner a touch.

B.

Latest posts

Back