• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Stumpy's Cherry Girl

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Stumpkiller

That Other Moderator
Staff member
MLF Supporter
Reaction score
First, let me apologize. I am not building this gun. :redface: John Donelson is building it for me. I am a patron of the arts, but not an artist.

I am having a John Rupp (the Elder) Lehigh style semi-copy made of Rifle No. 62 from Kindig's RCA.

Anyway, I gotts to show her off.

Forged triggerbow and buttplate.

Forgedguard1.jpg

Re-profiled Jim Chambers Christian's Spring (Early Germanic) lock.

lockplate1.jpg

Cherry stock - cut from John's own land 4 years ago. Check out the pattern. The grain follows the wrist and drop.

Cherry1.jpg

.54 L.C. Rice barrel (44" swamped) has already been inset by Fred Miller. A couple more photos follow.

Leave the man alone so he can work... :crackup:

A watched rifle never boils, or something like that... :rolleyes: :haha:

First, let me apologize. I am not building this gun. :redface: John Donelson is building it for me. I am a patron of the arts, but not an artist.

Stumpy would this happen to be the John Donelson that is over in the Deposit, N.Y. area?

Woody

Looks like a nice piece of wood. Should have some good figure in the butt stock. When's the delivery date?

I told him specifically not to give me a date, just keep me posted when it starts and an occasional update as it progresses. I put a deposit down 11 months ago and ordered the barrel and lock in May.

I'm guessing mid-March, but I'm not fretting over it (though, of course, I'm eager). John owns and runs a tree farm, orchard and lumber mill, and he doesn't gunsmith when the trees are demanding his time. We only agreed that it will be done in time for me to get her sighted in for next big-game season (or no later than September 2005 +/-).

:thumbsup:

That is going to be a very nice piece. The wood is beautiful. But my favorite picture is the first one of the triggerguard and the buttplate. It is really neat to see a one-off piece like that. It just screams ONE-OF-A-KIND! In other words, not mass-produced. Special. :thumbsup:

Latest posts

Back