• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

success this afternoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
I got a doe this afternoon. killed her with my 54cal. TVM southern rifle. 75 gr. ol eynsford 2f I am a ground hunter, the deer was 93 steps resting on my knee. at the shot she bounced off with her tail held high, I thought I missed! no blood, no hair. I went looking and found her about 70yds into the woods. the Hornaday PRB hit her where you see, it exited her on the last rib on the other side, a quartering shot,,,,,,,,,,,,
flint doe1.jpg
flint doe4.jpg

I got a doe this afternoon. killed her with my 54cal. TVM southern rifle. 75 gr. ol eynsford 2f I am a ground hunter, the deer was 93 steps resting on my knee. at the shot she bounced off with her tail held high, I thought I missed! no blood, no hair. I went looking and found her about 70yds into the woods. the Hornaday PRB hit her where you see, it exited her on the last rib on the other side, a quartering shot,,,,,,,,,,,,
View attachment 53014View attachment 53016
Oh Sure! you had to wait until I went back to Georgia to do that :>)))))

Nice one. Enjoy the meat.
well I have plenty of meat. this is the 7th one this year, 2 with the flintlock and the rest with antique centerfire rifles. it is just me and my wife so I give a lot of meat to people that can't hunt. this one is for a neighbour down the road who is battling cancer for the 2nd time and couldn't hunt this year,,,,,,,,,,,,

Back