• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

success this afternoon,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
well I have plenty of meat. this is the 7th one this year, 2 with the flintlock and the rest with antique centerfire rifles. it is just me and my wife so I give a lot of meat to people that can't hunt. this one is for a neighbour down the road who is battling cancer for the 2nd time and couldn't hunt this year,,,,,,,,,,,,
Where is this paradise that allows 7 deer to be taken by firearm?

I'm actually asking seriously. I need to get out of Connecticut and am starting to compile information on different state hunting regulations, gun laws, and taxes.

to answer the question, i live in SC i am 63 and have been here all my life. i have killed God only knows how many deer. up until a couple of years ago we had no limit on bucks, and could kill quite a few does. now they send you these obnoxious tags. 5 bucks per year and 5 does i think it is. then you can buy additional tags. it is all a money making racket! we have no game check stations. we kill a deer we take it home or to a processer and do away with the tag, "some people reuse them" , on private land like i hunt we are still pretty much free. we have a lot of deer and the population is never hurt. some of these boys kill 15 or 20 deer a year. i have in the past but usually i kill 5-7 i may kill one more for an other friend who doesn't hunt. our season is from AUG 15- JAN 1 we can hunt with any weapon, we are not split on weapons, just like it should be!

Last edited:
to answer the question, i live in SC i am 63 and have been here all my life. i have killed God only knows how many deer. up until a couple of years ago we had no limit on bucks, and could kill quite a few does. now they send you these obnoxious tags. 5 bucks per year and 5 does i think it is. then you can buy additional tags. it is all a money making racket! we have no game check stations. we kill a deer we take it home or to a processer and do away with the tag, "some people reuse them" , on private land like i hunt we are still pretty much free. we have a lot of deer and the population is never hurt. some of these boys kill 15 or 20 deer a year. i have in the past but usually i kill 5-7 i may kill one more for an other friend who doesn't hunt. our season is from AUG 15- JAN 1 we can hunt with any weapon, we are not split on weapons, just like it should be!
Thank you. Does this apply to all zones, or aren't there any?

20201208_065420.jpg20201208_065329.jpg20201208_065232.jpg
I'm out now, trying not to freeze in 20 degree temps. Might p.m. you later if that is okay....

Back