• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Successful maiden hunt with the new .54

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stombaug

40 Cal.
Reaction score
This was a few weeks back, on the second day of PA's one-week muzzleloader season, but the first day out with the .54 Early Virginia from TVM.

The day started out at 25F, with 2" of frozen, super crunchy snow from the day before under foot, which is really kinda rare for the 3rd week of October in these parts. By 3:00 (the time of the shot), it had warmed up to 50F and most of the snow was gone. I caught this huge doe feeding as I was sneaking in for the evening stand. I took a knee and watched her for 10 minutes or so, waiting for her to step out into the path, but she turned back toward the thicket. She gave me a small shot window that I thought I could sneak a .535 homecast roundball wrapped in a .013" patch sitting atop 80gr Goex FFFg into the boiler room, so I took the shot. She hit the ground right where she stood.

Hopefully, I post the picture correctly:

image.jpeg
[/URL][/img]

That's a nice doe! should be lots of good eating on that one, stews, backstraps, roasts etc. :thumbsup:

Very nice - congrats, your picture has the essence of a nice early fall hunt with the leaves, the beautiful rifle and exceptional doe. Thanks for sharing.

Thanks, all, for the kind words and compliments. I love hearing from like-hearted and like-minded folks such as those on this forum.

Good luck to all for the remainder of the season!

Scott

Back