• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Successful rabbit hunt.

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I hunted, dressed and ate a lot of rabbit when I was a youth; provided a lot of the table-fare for my family. I always liked squirrel much better, but I certainly wouldn't pass on a meal of pan-fried rabbit in gravy. :rolleyes: I always enjoy your posts, Brit.

Sounds like a nice outing. Grandkids don't/won't come with you?
I for one don't mind reading a hunting tale that ends with no game in the bag, if it is some sort of grand adventure. Doesn't mean it has to be an exotic multi day hunt somewhere far away. Other experiences with wildlife, interesting topography or changes seen, many things make a hunt, and thus a tale, worthy of sharing.

I for one don't mind reading a hunting tale that ends with no game in the bag, if it is some sort of grand adventure. Doesn't mean it has to be an exotic multi day hunt somewhere far away. Other experiences with wildlife, interesting topography or changes seen, many things make a hunt, and thus a tale, worthy of sharing.

Smoothy, it's not what you go home with (kind of is), it's the experience that counts.;)

Here are other photos taken whilst out and about.
IMG_20190413_164527.jpg
DSC03815.JPG

The bird is a garden warbler. It took me an hour to get a few decent shots.

Nice job on the rabbits. we don't have many in this part of texas as soon as this monsoon quits im going to get after the squirrels ill be back hunting hogs this weekend. that's a rain or shine hunt
im looking more into smoothbores myself ive got a renegade with a .54 barrel on it maybe a .58 smoothie but ive got also a .50 cal TC Hawken barrel id love to have made into a .54 smooth. do you use a front sight on your smooth rifles or both front and rear?

Nice job on the rabbits. we don't have many in this part of texas as soon as this monsoon quits im going to get after the squirrels ill be back hunting hogs this weekend. that's a rain or shine hunt
im looking more into smoothbores myself ive got a renegade with a .54 barrel on it maybe a .58 smoothie but ive got also a .50 cal TC Hawken barrel id love to have made into a .54 smooth. do you use a front sight on your smooth rifles or both front and rear?
Only this .45 has a front and rear sight Howie. All my other smoothbores just have a front sight. With shot I just use the front on the 45.
A 54 or 58 would be equally an excellent choice. I don't have my .58 guns any more but they were naturally tight with shot to thirty yards with just an ounce of shot.

Back