• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sunday dinner

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Nice bird and nice shooting. Now all you have to do is "hang it on the wall" for 3 weeks in good British fashion and then have a feast......have seen many pics of game birds "hanging" in Britain.

Is a "gut hook" ever used in your area? On an extended hunt, it might come in handy? Again...nice shooting.....Fred

flehto said:
Nice bird and nice shooting. Now all you have to do is "hang it on the wall" for 3 weeks in good British fashion and then have a feast......have seen many pics of game birds "hanging" in Britain.

Is a "gut hook" ever used in your area? On an extended hunt, it might come in handy? Again...nice shooting.....Fred

No three week hanging here sir. Plucked n' drawn today! It will sit in the cooler until Sunday. Never used a gut hook no.
Thanks.

B.

I think you hung it up by the tail feathers and when the bird fell off of them it was time to eat it :idunno: . Btw, that is a beautiful bird! and ought to make a nice dinner!.

armakiller said:
I think you hung it up by the tail feathers and when the bird fell off of them it was time to eat it :idunno: . Btw, that is a beautiful bird! and ought to make a nice dinner!.

Maybe but not for me :thumbsup:

Thanks.

B.

Good going Nath. I wish we had pheasant around where I live. They just look like they would taste mighty good. I have eaten some farm raised pheasant but never the wild ones. Enjoy.

Jeff

Here in SW Pennsylvania we had some of the best pheasant hunting in the Country when I was a lad.
The hedgerows are all gone, and so are the pheasants. Insecticides and weed killers. :(

Enjoy that bird, Brit.

Back