• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Survivers

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Reaction score
These two where caught on tape. Looks like a very nice young buck survived the hunting season and a nosy Doe...

stand1buck.jpg

stand1doe.jpg

:haha: Wish that was from my woods guys. Thats a trail cam from one of my guys here. As the crow flys that buck is about 10 miles from my house. I think he made it through the hunting season without ever being seen. Beautiful high tines on him. :thumbsup:

Uh oh... looks like Swampy got some "high tech" hunting equipment :haha:. Gotta love trail cams. Those look like some really good pics. What cam are you using?

Nice lookin' deer! Driving around lately, there's herds of deer in the cut corn fields. They were hiding real good during the season.... :confused:

Wow!...Stump,I'm surprised the 'red devils' didn't take his gun when they lifted his hair!! :grin:
Macon

I found a huge 9 pointer like that. I went ahead and cut off the skull plate and mounted it on a plaque. Looks darn fine.

A few years ago my dog dragged what I thought to be a deer ribcage into the yard. When I went outside I was surprised to find it was one side of a huge 12 plus pointer. I just wish i could have found the rest of the deer but my dog wouldn't tell me where he got it. Someone simply made a bad shot on the buck of a lifetime and didn't follow up on it. As I recall there were at least 7 points on that one side.

I have a real nice pronghorn skull and horns that I found along the highway near Pueblo a few years ago. Makes a nice mount.

Speaking of survivors, I believe this is the BIG doe I've been watching for at least three years now...and she was huge the first time I saw her. She doesn't have any distinquishing marks, but her size is the give-away. Her head is shaped like an older buck..just a big triangle...no skinny snout.

If it's the same one I saw during gun season, she takes a step and then looks for a couple minutes, then another step. She finally made it to within 18 yards of my stand, but I let her walk. Glad to see she made it through the whole season.

TheBIGDoe.jpg

Back