• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Suze's First Deer

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dave K

58 Cal.
Reaction score
Ohio's 4 day deer season ended Fri. I spent as much of the season hunting with my daughter, Suze. Yesterday, she had a short 20 yd. shot and the deer dropped in his tracks when the 50cal. GPR barked. She is pretty pumped. This is the first game she has ever taken and the thrill of the hunt seems to be with her now.[url] http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/Dave45871/Suzesdeer2005.jpg[/url]

PS. I will NEVER figure out how to post pictures!

Last edited by a moderator:
Excellent! From the title of the post, I thought Suze was the rifle! Even better to see a daughter enjoying the sport. And the first one was with a ML... no going back now :grin:

Suzesdeer2005.jpg
PS. I will NEVER figure out how to post pictures!
You're almost there. Instead of just pasting the URL into your message, put it between two "tags", like this:
Code:
 [img]http://i33.photobucket.com/albums/d76/Dave45871/Suzesdeer2005.jpg[/img]
Note the square brackets that set off the tags, and how the slash makes the second one different from the first one.

DaveK, that's just outstanding...and that beautiful big smile on Suze's face is pricelss...congratulations to both of you!!
:thumbsup:

congrats on her first deer....many more i hope....just got done with a visit from my kids and my youngest girl (19) will be going to the range soon....that was the one thing i didn't exspect her to say...............bob

Wonderful.

My boy is going with me next year. I have just about got is 50 ready. Hopefully we can have the same experience you and your daughter have had.

CONGRATS.

Thanks for posting the picture for me. I think I understand it now. Suze is 19 and a freshman in college. She has shot with me before, but never really hunted deer. Mostly because high school sports got in the way. This year she asked me what I wanted for Christmas. I told her she could get me nothing, but spend a few days with me hunting would be great. She jumped at it, and we saw some fantastic bucks, but always too far or in too thick of brush. We had to leave the woods soon Fri. afternoon and I told her of a good place to stand. I took a walk the long way around the woods until my scent was blowing through the woods. It wasn't long before I heard the shot. I hurried to the her and there she stood beaming. Offhand, only 20yds, deer was down and dead and the 6 other deer (does) had hurried on past her. She was a tad worried on what I thought, for the deer was at one time less than 15ft. from her, but she was afraid to move. I told her she did good. Between taking the deer and having deer in her lap, she now knows what hunting is all about and seems to love it.
Here is the deer her Dad(me, I am told) took about 3 weeks ago during the regular deer gun season.
2005Buck1.jpg

Suzesdeer2005.jpg

Congrats on Suze's first deer! :hatsoff: You must certainly be excited. There's nothing like sharing our love of muzzleloading and hunting with our kids.

Absolutely! Well done! Congrats to Dad and to Suzy! Now BEWARE>>I had a similar experience with my daughter. She got a nice 7pt and was really pumped. That was 6 years ago. Since then she's taken an elk, a Barbarossa a Corsican and a hog, plus a couple of other deer. The problem is..I loaned her the rifle to shoot that first deer with and I haven't seen it since!

riverrat43 said:
Absolutely! Well done! Congrats to Dad and to Suzy! Now BEWARE>>I had a similar experience with my daughter. She got a nice 7pt and was really pumped. That was 6 years ago. Since then she's taken an elk, a Barbarossa a Corsican and a hog, plus a couple of other deer. The problem is..I loaned her the rifle to shoot that first deer with and I haven't seen it since!

But I suspect that you view this as a good kind of problem to have!!
:grin:

Congrats, DaveK and Suze-It dont get no better than this!! I remember how proud I was when my son got his first. YYEEEHHAAWWWW!!!!

Yes, it certainly is one of the high points in my hunting. One never seems to know how someone my handle the harvesting of game, so I was prepared to offer support. I loved it when I got up to her and I asked how how she felt about it all and if she would be wanting to do this again. She said YES, and said how she was shaking so bad after the shot she had to sit down. Good, that to me, is the way it is supposed to be, I told her. Now, Suze and I need to talk about what gun(s) she NEEDS. :winking:

Great Job !!!!! Suze !!!!! Its good to get everyone hunting. Check out Mine in this forum "Kristy took My Hawken's" Thanks ....Jeff

Latest posts

Back