• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

swamped barrel

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BELCOUNTY

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I want to have a SWAMPED pistol barrel in large smooth caliber (more than 50) lenght 10'' to 14''.
I have seen the Chambers and Track site, nothing.
Where Ican buy something like that? In line if it's possible.
Many thanks. Sans Souci.

It is not a terrible job to get a blank, and swamp it yourself. You need good files, perhaps a grinder, and a little time. I have done one with a knife-makers belt grinder. The job does not have to be perfect, the originals were not.

Golden Age Arms (one of those Jurassic shops with no web catalog) used to have a whole kit for a Kentucky Flintlock Pistol with a swamped barrel.

-Ray :hmm:

Golden Age Arms went out of business a number of years ago.

If you don't mind a .50 cal swamped, rifled barrel 10 inches long, Vernon C. Davis's ad in the 2005 Nov/Dec MUZZLELOADER magazine (page 2) shows them in steel for $80.

Call Vernon at (614)-761-2568

Oh, the same ad says he has 10 inch Octagon to Round barrels in 20 and 24 gauge for $75 steel or $85 brass.

Thank you for the info. I think I tell Jurassic Vernon. My problem is to speak with us.

sans souci: My apologies to you. I did not notice where you were located.

Perhaps you could write to
Vernon C Davis
6901 Running Deer Pl.
Dublin, Ohio USA

Vernon also has a web site but it seems to be in the very early stages of being built.
Many of the quick links don't seem to lead anywhere however you may find that he could be reached by addressing your E-Mail to "[email protected]"
VERNON C DAVIS

Many thanks Zonie, with the mail adress it's more easy for me. I'm located in south of France "et je parle anglais comme une vache espagnole".
Sans souci

Have a look to http://ffava.free.fr (without wwww)

sans souci said:
I'm located in south of France "et je parle anglais comme une vache espagnole".

:rotf: "el Moo"?

I'd say your english is a bit better than that. :hatsoff:

Chambers should have swamped pistol barrels, but I don't think they are smoothbore. You would have to ask them if they can get them in smoothbore.

Back