• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swapping Barrels

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimKim

32 Cal
Reaction score
I have a 50 caliber CVA Hawken. I'd like to swap the barrel to 32 or 36 caliber. Does anyone make a barrel that will drop in place, or do I need to order a blank and borrow my buddy's machine shop? Any ideas of where to order a barrel or blanks would be appreciated. Thanks

Call Jason at Rice barrels. He’s currently offering “ drop-in barrels “ for T/C rifles that are ready to go.. sights and all. He might be able to help you.

The CVA Bobcat and maybe another of their lower end rifles were offered with both a 50 and 36 caliber barrel. if you can find the barrel it should work in your Hawken stock though you might have to also get the proper tang if they're not the same. As I'm sure you know they had the button plug and the hooked plug on their barrels.

That's gonna be a tough one. I don't know of anyone that offers drop-in's for the Spanish barrels mainly due to the breech style/technique they use.
You might try Deercreek Products, they are the USA shop that specializes in the spanish rifle offerings. They might have an idea that helps.

CVA Hawken Rifle Parts

Back