• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Sweat

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SHAGBARK

32 Cal
Reaction score
While working on the barrel channel this worm Kentucky morning I began to sweat and a lot. My hands were sweaty and it was dripping on to my work. Is this going to affect the stock finish or should I not worry about it?. Thanks my friends

While working on the barrel channel this worm Kentucky morning I began to sweat and a lot. My hands were sweaty and it was dripping on to my work. Is this going to affect the stock finish or should I not worry about it?. Thanks my friends
20 years ago this September it was 107 outside with 70+ humidity and even hotter in my Houston garage shop. I was using my table saw, watching the sweat drip on the table and rust before my eyes. I stopped, polished and waxed the TS, then went in the house and called the a/c guy. Life is not meant to be suffered through. Wife and I did all the insulation, drywall, painting. Total cost was less than $4k. Best money I've ever spent.

Been sweating on stocks for years and have never noticed it affecting the stock. More concerned by the blood I leave on the stock. So far the one I am working on doesn't have any blood on it YET. Now the one I finished last fall I was beginning to worry it would be declared a Bio Hazard with all the blood on it.

I've been in Tombstone the last 2 weeks. 8 percent humidity and 105 temp. Nice to visit but it is way to dry for me. Can't breath. Skin is cracking. Dust on and in everything. But I don't sweat here. I will sure be glad to leave and see something green.
Not to worry! The Mummy guy from the original "Mummy" 1930's movie said the same thing! (Just kidding; good luck for real!) :cool:

For the guy in Tombstone - you ARE sweating, but it evaporates quickly. Used to hate it when my squadron was sent to Yuma MCAS for bombing and gunnery training; you had to use gloves to touch the skin of the jets.
And they kept the barracks at about 60 - go from sweating like Farmer Joe's mule to freezing!

For the guy in Tombstone - you ARE sweating, but it evaporates quickly. Used to hate it when my squadron was sent to Yuma MCAS for bombing and gunnery training; you had to use gloves to touch the skin of the jets.
And they kept the barracks at about 60 - go from sweating like Farmer Joe's mule to freezing!
That makes sense. All I know for sure is I don't like it. Leaving 2moro.

Yes sir. And they would have loved a scoped semi auto .308. We love to study and act out their ways, but few there are alive today who could do that full time.
True dat. The life of a long hunter or trapper or rocky mountain beaver man was for the young. There sure were exceptions but many took their money back to "civilization" and became farmers or other lifestyles.

Southern Illinois here, lots of extra humidity do to corn sweat. We didn't have A/C until I was 12 years old. Thought I would freeze after bailing hay, washing up at the well and walking into the A/C.

I run a dehumidifier in my shop to keep the tools from rusting. Helps with humidity, but still gets hot.

I worked in a 5X7 offset corner of my garage by the water heater for 18 years, this was in Alabama. When it got too hot, I pulled my bandsaw out under a maple tree in the front yard.

When I built my retirement home with a shop, I had them make a cut out in the wall for a wall unit that heated and cooled, like was mentioned, some of the best money I ever spent. There it is on the back wall; I had the walls and ceiling heavily insulated as well.

shop clean up complete 001.JPG

I worked in a 5X7 offset corner of my garage by the water heater for 18 years, this was in Alabama. When it got too hot, I pulled my bandsaw out under a maple tree in the front yard.

When I built my retirement home with a shop, I had them make a cut out in the wall for a wall unit that heated and cooled, like was mentioned, some of the best money I ever spent. There it is on the back wall; I had the walls and ceiling heavily insulated as well.

View attachment 327935
And there is the difference between living and surviving!

Latest posts

Back