• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

Swedish Snap Haunce Flint Lock

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

magnus wiberg

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Perhaps another Swedish Snap Haunce flint lock rifle might interest you list members.
This is a very old and dated Snap Haunce rifle.
It is believed to be one of maybe only twenty surviving rifles of the oldest style from the "Jukkasjärvi" region in northern Sweden. In fact it was built in the northernmost gun forge in this country.
Age of earliest rifles from this region has only been estimated before, and it was believed they first appeared at the end of 17th century.
This rifle, in my possesion for about a year,is the only one known to be dated, and it is dated "1721" in crude carvings.

jukkasjrvilodbssan003.jpg

Magnus

I'm certainly interested! Thank you! I just found (many thanks to Arilar) the book "Svenska Gevaers-smeder", and am anxiously awaiting it's arrival. I have a desire to someday build a snaplock rifle like this.

Magnus, its certainly one of most fascinating rifles I have had the opportunity to hold in my hands! Glad it found a home at your place. :grin: Please give us all some pictures on the very interesting "style" of the carved date and also the sign beside. I am anxious to hear the groups thoughts on this subject.
ARILAR :grin: :thumbsup:

Back