• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C .56 cal smoothbore Renegade

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lcmcrev

32 Cal.
Reaction score
I am now the owner of a .56 cal T/C smooth bore Renegade. I've been looking for roundballs for this rifle. The best I've come across are .550 from Track of the Wolf. I'd appreciate any and all advice on this rifle....patching, loads, places to get roundballs, etc. When I retire and stop working 60-70 hours per week, I'll cast my own. For now, I need to buy them. Thanks!

lcmcrev said:
I am now the owner of a .56 cal T/C smooth bore Renegade. I've been looking for roundballs for this rifle. The best I've come across are .550 from Track of the Wolf. I'd appreciate any and all advice on this rifle....patching, loads, places to get roundballs, etc. When I retire and stop working 60-70 hours per week, I'll cast my own. For now, I need to buy them. Thanks!
I tried .550s in mine and it was always a struggle with any patch of a decent thickness...if I had to do it all over again, I'd try .535's and .020" - .022" patches

Like roundball, I tried .550 which required a sledge hammer almost, I am working with .535 balls now.

Success is better, 25 yards is excellent, 50 is okay and 100 is a learning experience. I think I have a clue at 100, need a bit more work.

Working with .015 teflon, need more powder at 100.
Did manage a 45 on paper at 50 yards, off hand.

RDE

I shoot the .56 T/C.
I also use the .550 balls I cast with a mold I bought from a gentleman on the board..
Can remember the name right now but he makes custom molds..

If you follow the T/C manual and use the .550 ball with the .010 patch thats stated..
You will get very good results..

Back