• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Cherokee production dates??

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

myya

Pilgrim
Reaction score
I need some information on production dates on T/C Cherokee .32 caliber rifle, percussion, and right handed.
Production dates started and ended.
I just refinished one for a neighbor. I just want to find out when they were made.
Thanks for all the help.
Myya

Welcome to the site.

Good luck on that one, a fire at the T/C Plant destroyed a lot of records and they don't even know a lot of things anymore. Whether the Cherokee info was saved or not I don't know. I do remember driving up to the plant in 86' or 87' to replace a cracked Cherokee stock a Friend had. Thats all I can tell ya about those.

Maybe Roundball knows the start date for the Cherokee?

My 1980 Dixie catalog has the TC Hawken and Seneca but no Cherokee.

The 1987 Dixie catalog shows the Cherokee.

The "Blue Book of Modern Black Powder Values" says the Cherokee was discontinued in 1994.

Thanks guys for all your input. It will put my neighbors mind at ease when I tell him.
Thanks again and have a great summer.
Myya

We had quite a friendly talk with the floor manager when we were there and I remember him alluding to the fact there seemed to be a big problem with cracked stocks in this model. It took about an hour but they replaced his stock and gave him a new ramrod free of charge.

Back