• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Firestorm

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

kickstartcycles

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Anyone have any experience with one of these? I converted a used from the plastic stock to wood and can't get it to shoot as consistant as my Seneca or the Greyhawk it replaced. I don't have any previous experience with a Flintlock. I'm wondering if I got the touch hole to high up in the pan but I don't have the old stock to put the barrel back in to make a comparison.

firestorm.jpg

Any help will be greatly appriciated!

Thanks Lenard

I had a TC Firestorm. I felt it had quite a belt with 100 grains of powder. I also found it's accuracy to be lacking. I got rid of it in short order. I'd highly recommend the TC Hawken!

kickstartcycles said:
I'm wondering if I got the touch hole to high up in the pan but I don't have the old stock to put the barrel back in to make a comparison.

I don't have any experience with the firestorm, so cant help with accuracy, but, generally speaking, I do know that you can't get the touch hole too high, unless unless it extends above the pan cover on the frizzen. :wink:

I have one of these things and like it quite a bit with the plastic stock.

I am also very happy with the accuracy with a prb and a maxi.

If you have never before used a flint lock that itself could be the problem.

At this time my best shots before failure if there is such a term is 62 that is in multiple sessions I shot the thing 62 tiems with out a misfire. Then I started to not pay attention and oops.

These things are not that hard to shoot but that does not mean you dont need to know anything.

There are a lot of things that can go wrong dirt, not clearing the fire channel before each shot, flint placement, flint to loose in the hammer, flint to far foward, flint to far back, flint not straight against the frizzen. Touhing the flint edge with your finger and gettin body oil on it, etc, etc,etc.

If you got the thing used you probably do not have the original owners manual.

TC makes two that you could use that talk about shooting flint. Their original Traditional owners manual and the one that came with your Firestorm. You can get both from them at their online sight and it has pictures as well.

A lot of good knowledge there.

I use 90 gr. Goex FFg with most bullets and get very good accuracy. 80 gr. is a little better for PRB.

The touch hole was above the pan closed took me most of the night to get the tang and barrel channel inlet enough to get it below the pan closed. I'm going to clean everything and head out as soon as it gets light enough to see. Hopefully it helped. I also filed down the touch hole liner it was sticking several threads out in to the barrel channel when it was flush with the out side of the barrel.

Here is how mine is set up. I have not modified it so it should be as it came out of the factory.

PICT0040.JPG

Latest posts

Back