• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Good Deal?

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GJP

36 Cal.
Reaction score
I saw a T/C White Mountain Carbine Flint today. It has a few marks on the stock, but otherwise, looks in excelent shape. The frizzen has hardly a mark on it. They are asking $249. Is that a good deal? Does anyone know how well they shoot? Any advice is welcome! Thanks - Jerry

I've been shooting TC rifles, Hawken and Renagade for about 25 years and will buy no other brand of production gun. The state of manufacture and TC's customer service is second to none, IMHO. As long and the barrel is bright and the lock and trigger functions smoothly, I'd say $249 was a good buy.

ayup, what Bill said. with the possible exception of Lyman, you'd be hard pressed to cut a better deal that T/C. their cust. svc. if said to be first rate, but having never had to use it, (in twenty odd years of shooting their rifles) i can't speak from personal experience. more than i could say for, say Steyer-Mannlicher.

as regards your proposed deal, if you can part with the money, go for it. at worst case, you'll most likely be able to get at least what you paid for the rifle if you sell it in the future.

Sounds like a good deal. The only thing with them you don't have a long sight plane, as it being short. I shot my buddy's before it got stolen. It shot good at 25yrds. Dilly

If it is a rifle you cant live without, go for it. But I see these rifles on the auctions going for $150-175. $249 seems a bit pricy, unless it is as new.

Back