• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

t/c hawken shoots high

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
All these years and I thought it was me?
My cougar shoots high, I have the back sight all the way down as far as it will go and still shoots 3 to 4 inches high at 50yds. Using 75 gr. 3f and patched rb. or 90 gr. 2f with 370 maxie ball.
I may call them after the holidays and see if they will take a look at it.
The newer sights seem to be a little smaller than the old sights. Smaller bead on the front?

Yeah, the old style front site was a larger bead and normally used with the early style "wide view" rear sight (I assume for easier acquisition for hunting).

When the redesigned rear sight was introduced, they also went to a smaller front bead...seems to give a little more precision for aiming.

And they'll check/fix that barrel no problem.

that is what I am talking about! the renegade I have was made in early to mid 90s just pre fire. It is tough to aquire a quick sight on yearling sized deer past 35 yards. I love the green mountain sights that are thin and have a smaller brass bead on top I get head shots on squirrels with those. the tc sight covers a 4 inches of a 6 inch target at 35 yards. SO now TC has smaller front sights oh joy, if not will green mountain sights work?

I'd recommend just getting T/C's current production bead front site...its actually an eyelash smaller than the GM brass bead.

Also, not sure if a GM front will fit the depth of a TC front dovetail. (not talking about the width of the dovetail, but the depth)

Also, after experimenting with a number of different colors I've found that month in & month out gloss white finger nail polish on the front bead shows up the best in the woods for me...the 'hard as nails' brand seems the most durable.

my sight is the bead type. I did lower it down to 70grns. of 3f and now it shoots to poi. Never would have thought it would change the poi 6+ inches! I'm still going to buy a taller sight so I can shoot heavy charges. Thanks for all the info.

Latest posts

Back