• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

t/c hunter peep the best location

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lonewolf5347

40 Cal.
Reaction score
I will have to drill a hole for the hunter peep that mounts on the rear tang,should I use the back hole(wood screw) or should I mount the peep in between the two screw @ redrill and tap two holes?

I mounted mine with the back screw of the tang (wood screw) and then drilled another hole in the tang for the front screw. That was on a T/C Pennsylvania Hunter Rifle. You might consider sticking it on with tape in both positions and going outside and look at a target with it to help decide which position you like best before drilling any holes. I mounted mine first using the wood screw only, just to see how I liked it. Later I drilled and tapped the extra hole.

taping the rear peep on the tang was the way to go,I did find about a 1/2" back from the front screw was the best location.\
I did drill @ tap two new holes mounted the sight seems to be o.k.

I have to say I was very impressed with the peep sight on the rifle ,brought the group down to about 1 1/2 at the 50 yard target,and the location was perfect.
I also did finally get the New Englader 54 cal. shooting great seems it shoots the real conical better without a wonder wad.The new englander with 70 grains of 3 f goex and a REAL 380 grain did shoot clover leafs groups at the 50 yard target all day.
The t/c flinter seem to like 80 grains of 3f goex and the REAL 320 grain conical did shoot real well may need a little more playing around with,but the groups did stay in a 1 1/2 cluster and the peep sight is great

Latest posts

Back