• Friends, our 2nd Amendment rights are always under attack and the NRA has been a constant for decades in helping fight that fight.

We have partnered with the NRA to offer you a discount on membership and Muzzleloading Forum gets a small percentage too of each membership, so you are supporting both the NRA and us.

Use this link to sign up please; https://membership.nra.org/recruiters/join/XR045103

T/C Renegade flint breech plug

Muzzleloading Forum

Help Support Muzzleloading Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ripshod

32 Cal.
Reaction score
Could someone please tell me where I could purchase a breech plug for a Renegade flintlock?I see that TOTW has a plug for a percussion but I could not find one for a flintlock.

Worse case, you can contact Dennis McCandless Custom Breeching in New Mexico...TOW recommended him to me to have some Flint patent breechplugs made and installed on a couple barrels...outstanding quality work

Try this link.

Link

I had one of the percussion versions fitted by Rice to a Rice barrel and I wish I had used the flint version. It would have been easier to add a drum for the nipple but than sanding all those nooks and crannies on the percussion version.

randy p said:
Could someone please tell me where I could purchase a breech plug for a Renegade flintlock?I see that TOTW has a plug for a percussion but I could not find one for a flintlock.

Track has them for the 1" barrel or the 15/16" barrel for your Renegade/Hawken to convert to flintlock. Can find them here:
TC 15/16 Plug

TC 1" Plug

It's a major chore, good luck! You're better off just buying a green mountian barrel that's already set up for flint. But if you do that you'll spend about the same as buying a new gun. lol. I already checked into doing this and determined that it would be easier to just build a new gun and leave the Thompson Center like God intended it.

Sean Kelly

The supply of Green Mountain drop in barrels has all but dried up. If you decide that you want to go that way you might check with Tip Curtis. He had a few last time I was in his shop.
(615) 654-4445
He doesn't have a catalog but he's always been real nice over the phone.

Ben

Latest posts

Back